Sunday, July 1, 2012

Winning

                           Yesterday I met with my Pastor. As he and I were sharing our thoughts in this meeting, he said something that struck a chord in me. He stated, “no one wins a gold medal without a coach.” He spent a few more seconds explaining to me what this statement means, but internally I was already processing what this meant for my life. Here is my understanding; there is not one athlete participating in the Olympic Games that does not have the inward desire to bring home the gold; to be the person standing tallest and highest at the end of the competition. Sure, everybody will do their level best – but only one will wear that gold medal. In order to get there, that person MUST have a coach.

What is a coach?

He or she is the person in your life who will push you to the limit, “get in your face,” and not allow you to throw the towel in simply because YOU think you have reached your maximum. At times, you will regret the decision made to have a coach at all because we think we can reach our ultimate goal(s) alone. In all of the seeming punishment you have to endure, your coach has one goal in mind – to see you WIN!

In the race of life, God will allow people to cross our paths that will make us uncomfortable with being too comfortable. These people will be our coaches; because they will see the potential inside us that we oftentimes cannot see for ourselves. Truthfully, we need coaches. Why; because we all want to win. I don’t know what winning means in your life, whatever your definition you will need people to help you get there.

The coaches in my life are the people that make me uncomfortable with being too comfortable and comfortable with being uncomfortable. They challenge me on every side forcing me to be “active” in my life and not passively sit by on the sidelines and watch it happen. I appreciate them.
Who are your coaches? Who are those God has put in your life to make you better, greater, and ultimately help you win? Whoever they are, learn the lessons, take the necessary steps, endure the pain, sweat, and tears. I can promise you that if you stick with the routine and the intense regimen, your latter will be greater and in your moment of victory you will stand tallest and highest at the end.

Dont give up!

No comments:

Post a Comment